Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Geocaching?

I know I haven't blogged in a long time -- where does the time go? So now I have to cover some lost time! Here it goes!

Last weekend we had some friends over for dinner... they told us all about their adventures geocaching (as well as all about their cool phone apps you can use to geocache). In looking at the phone app, we learned there was a geocache treasure about 500 yds from our house! And so off we went on our very first Geocaching adventure!

It was a lot harder than I thought. Perhaps that is because I was the only poor soul without a smart phone. Sarah, Dave, and Rob all used their nifty phones to direct them straight to this tree... I was left just using my imagination! (and of course taking pictures)


Rob and I had pretty much given up and assumed someone had since stolen the valuable treasure, but our friends Sarah and Dave didn't give up so easily. it was dark, but Sarah kept searching and finally found the treasure!

What a valuable treasure it was! It was filled with plastic rings. We signed the guestbook (small enough to fit in an advil container), and took nothing nor did we leave anything.



It was a fun adventure! perhaps one of many more...

No comments:

Post a Comment