Sunday, May 16, 2010

Summer is here!

This weekend I was finally able to get out into the garden and plant some seeds, as the weather forecast is supposed to be above freezing for the next 10 days.... thank goodness! Today I planed green beans (they grow along my fence), basil, cucumbers, a tomato, and a hanging tomato plant as well. We'll see what happens!

We had a pretty uneventful weekend here... at my work I am co-chair for a big camp that we host for 40 6th grade girls. The girls come to our work for the day and spend the day learning about technology ... they do fun things like make ice cream from liquid nitrogen and take apart computers. This year they even got to learn soldering (using a hot soldering iron to connect 2 wires). It happened last week, and I am so thankful it is over because now I can relax.... I have been working on this camp for the last few months, and it was a suprising amount of work. But, it is always worth it because the girls have so much fun!

Happy Summer Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment