Monday, January 11, 2010

New Technology

So I think that blogging while on vacation is tough... Stacie seems to be good at writing more than one sentence, but I was always blogging when I had about few minutes to spare. But it was fun to post a few pictures while I was out and about!

Rob and I made it home safe and sound late last night. Since I didn't really go into details, I'll go into some now! Rob and I went to Vegas for the main reason of going to the Consumer Electronic Show (CES 2010). It is held every year in Vegas, and you have to work for the electronics industry to get in. So, we figured we might as well go while we still work for HP. The conference lasted 4 days (Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun) with over 110,000 attendees. There were 2700 exhibits, and some exhibits were huge!!! Almost all the major companies were there...Microsoft, Intel, Panasonic, Canon, Sony, etc, and then there were so many smaller companies too....

Rob and I walked around for probably 30 hours looking at new technology. There were several themes we saw over and over again... 3D TVs, ebook readers, and wireless power. Here are some pictures of some cool stuff....




This is an automatic embroidery machine. It can do 6 threads at once and would be perfect to start your own business! Only $10,000. But really really cool. (It is embroidering a boot right now in the picture). The other cool 'crafty' thing I saw was a laser controller engraver.... only $8000 but it could engrave bottles, boxes, you name it! Totally cool!

NBC was showing off their technology for broadcasting the Olympics... They did some broadcasting there...

This guy was wearing a bunch of mini screens (electronic name tags I think)


Samsung's booth had a lot of TVs. It was a neat visual effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment