Thursday, August 20, 2009

More veggies

Well I've gotten 3 bowlfuls of beans from the garden so far this year -- but I'm learning a few things as I go:

1) Pick beans early! I'm still picking them a little late, and they get rather fibery!
2) Buy the stringless variety!! Some seem to be fine, but others feels like eating floss!
3) Watch for sunlight! My cucumbers last year were awesome, but this year they are small and everything associated with them (leaves, fruit, etc) is yellow. I think it is too much water and not enough light. Those rasperries are blocking the sunlight!


But I am getting some peppers -- I planted all the colors, but so far all we have is green!

1 comment:

  1. Those pepper look great! and I bet some bugs think that too... better check them daily so they don't get eaten!

    ReplyDelete