Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm Back!

Wow, where in the world did February go? I mean really, I knew it had been a little while since I had signed online, but I did not think it had been THAT long! Well regardless, I am back on the blogosphere and back in business!

I think one of the reasons I haven't been blogging is because I've been swamped at work.... completely, super, busy! Right as I left for CES, I heard of a new opportunity in a partner lab of ours. The opportunity was to do program management for 50% of the time. I've been thinking about program management a lot, and so I decided to jump on that opportunity. I spoke to my manager, and after a few weeks, I got the job! So for the last 1 1/2 months (the time I haven't been blogging), I've been doing 2 roles -- one as an engineer and one as a program manager. It is really the best of both worlds -- I get exposure and experience as a program manager and yet I didn't have to leave my old team behind, as I was getting some neat development areas there as well. (getting to design RTL code, which is pretty hard to get that opportunity in my lab).

So, although I am really enjoying both jobs, and I *should* be working the same as 50%-50% on each, it is turning out to be 60%-60% each, as they both have deadlines, they are both behind, etc, etc.

And, to make things even more busy, I am on a committee for the Grace Hopper Conference for Women In Computing. Each member has to have a proposal due for a panel by Friday! So I've been coordinating people from across the industry and academia to put together a panel on new assistive technology. I just finished that last weekend, so now I can take a breath!

Well, I feel like I could keep writing, but maybe I better stop there for now... don't worry, it won't be another 2 months!

1 comment: