Saturday, June 5, 2010

It was a nice day until....

In my last blog post, I mentioned that we had gone on a great hike. Well, on our drive back to the campsite, it started to hail! We were thankful we were in the car and not out on a hike!

We got back to our campsite and it let up for a few minutes, so we ran to Sarah and Dave's awesome canopy. It was nice and dry inside. But we were all cold and wet by this time, so Rob offered to get me my sweatshirts from the car. It was only raining, not hailing at the time.

BUT, as he was going to the car, it started hailing. He waited it out in the car for about 5 minutes, but then decided to make a run for the canopy. Here you can see him running towards me as it is hailing.... what a sweet guy to brave hail so I could be warm!!

In the nice dry canopy, we all played cards for about 2-3 hours while it poured outside. By the time it stopped the temperature had dropped significantly and we were all ready for a nice hot fire!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment