Wednesday, July 22, 2009

1000 Questions

So having the only dog in the office gets me a lot of attention. And I mean a LOT of attention. Since Eve is so adorable (if I do say so myself :) ), I think everyone on my aisle has stopped by my cube to at least say hello and meet the dog. And of course, I probably get 2 people each day who just stop by to see how the dog is doing. Good thing I don't have a problem with jealousy, or I'd be in real trouble! No one ever stops to say hi to me (except a handful of my friends and of course my husband)

Well the other day I was walking back to my desk and this white-haired guy comes up to me and we have the following conversation:

OldGuy: I was going to tell you your dog looked depressed earlier - while you were having a conversation, she was laying on the ground.
Me: Oh, ok. I think she is pretty happy. But maybe today she isn't feeling well.
OldGuy: Wasn't she sick last time I talked to you?
Me: Well, she was sick about a month ago.. puppies like to eat things they aren't supposed to.
OldGuy: Isn't she too skinny? She should be bigger than that for being a lab....
Me: She will be a small puppy I think... some labs grow to be 100 lbs, but she will probably only be around 50-60 lbs.

---
by this time we are back at my cube and Eve has walked into her cage in my cube and is playing with a toy laying down. Conversation continues...

OldGuy: Looks like you'll have to get her a new kennel soon, that one is getting small...
Me: (trying not to roll my eyes, since that is an adult sized kennel and will be fine for her whole life)....Maybe I will. Have a good day, I have to get back to work.

---
and now I sit down at my desk and he leaves. Thank goodness! That guy was just grillilng me on this and that about Eve! I guess it comes with the territory! And to think that I don't even know this guy's name, and I'm sure he doesn't know mine either. Oh well....

No comments:

Post a Comment