Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Eve at the Salon


So tonight I decided to cut Eve's nails. Cutting her nails is one thing I definitely do not enjoy -- I am very scared that I will accidentally cut too far and it will start to bleed... worse, it would hurt her. So I think I always cut the nail and leave plenty of margin. If I had it my way, I probably wouldn't ever cut her nails.

This is a picture of me cutting her nails when she was just a baby :) She even held her foot up for me to cut her nails. At first I was only cutting her nails when she was in a deep sleep, but now I noticed that she doesn't seem to mind, so I can cut them when she is awake. I just use the standard clipper:

Millers Forge Big Dog Nail Clipper, with a bright orange handle. They sell these at Pets Mart online, and it got good reviews, so that is a good sign. But I still don't like the entire process....

When we took Eve to a puppy sitter, she introduced us to the idea of a dremel to file their nails down. It is similar to the PediPaws kit (www.pedipaws.com). Only a dremel has more purposes
than just filing nails. Overall this seems like a winning solution... maybe I'll start online shopping for a dremel.

No comments:

Post a Comment